21 Mar 2004

You are now in a cue …

Irritation developed into a rage today.

I was in work on over-time, using the opportunity of the relative quiet to have a think about the changes to the seating plan. One of my highlighter pens started to run dry from over-work, so I went on a search for a replacement.

I rooted around in the drawers in the area and found all sorts of rubbish. I found that important document from a couple of weeks ago. The post-it was still on it saying ‘Important’, so I highlighted it in pink and put it back in my drawer to make sure I deal with it tomorrow.

There was also a sheet of paper with the heading “Car Spotting Snooker Tournament. Spring 2004.”

“Tizzy, what’s this?” I asked.

“Oh, it’s Brian and John, they have been running a competition for the past few weeks. I don’t know how it works, but it something to do with scoring points based on the colour of passing cars.” She said.

That’s why they ‘needed’ a window seat.

A taxi went past. Pot black.