19 Dec 2003

Two in a bush

“What are you doing?”

Barney, the Big Gay Bear, who sits on my right hand, caught John Three cutting off a customer in mid conversation.

“You can’t do that!” Barney was outraged.

“Well I said this morning that if another joker asks for a ‘partridge in a pear tree’ I’d cut them off. I’m not paid to take rubbish like that for seven hours a day.” John said.

Barney reached for his well thumbed copy of The-Catalogue-that-Cannot-Be-Named-For-Keeping-My-Job-Reasons and pointed to the Christmas collection:

“A great gift for your ‘True Love’. This partridge in a pear tree is a charming ornament that will make an attractive addition to your festive decoration. Plays three tunes: “God Bless Ye Merry Gentlemen”, “Jingle Bells” and, “The 12 days of Christmas”. Requires one AA battery (not supplied).”

Every home should have one.