9 Feb 2005

Step On…

I held a team meeting today and inevitably it was filled with discussion about me leaving them. They weren’t interested in me. They were discussing my replacement. “Who’s TBA, sir?” Simon, the Craig David looky-likey asked.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Tizzy rocking backwards and forwards in her chair.

I explained that my replacement had not been appointed yet and that there would be a selection event over the next few weeks, so that when I leave in March I can have a ‘hand over’.

Brian glared through his big glasses and started to make hand farts for some reason, “Is it going to be a lady? I haven’t had a lady manager.”

“We don’t know yet. It could be,” I replied.

Tizzy was like Rain Man on acid by this point.

“Susan, what on Earth are you doing?” I couldn’t hold back any longer.

“Sorry. I’m trying to fiddle my step counter. I’ve done 1002 just by sitting here.”